IETF
nvo3@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 22, 2015< ^ >
Matt Bocci has set the subject to: NV03@IETF92
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:35:23] Matt Bocci joins the room
[12:37:11] <Matt Bocci> /subject NVO3@IETF93
[12:38:29] <Matt Bocci> /help
[12:40:08] Matt Bocci has set the subject to: NVO3@IETF93
[12:47:35] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[12:58:40] Matt Bocci joins the room
[13:06:25] Matt Bocci joins the room
[13:07:33] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[13:16:18] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[13:20:53] Matt Bocci joins the room
[13:23:13] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[13:43:16] Meetecho RAV joins the room
[13:43:52] Matt Bocci joins the room
[13:45:21] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[13:46:25] Matt Bocci joins the room
[13:48:43] dseomn joins the room
[13:53:49] <Matt Bocci> Meeting starting
[13:54:07] Robert Raszuk joins the room
[13:54:09] Hosnieh Rafiee joins the room
[13:54:52] <Matt Bocci> Administrivia
[13:56:11] <Matt Bocci> Agenda OK
[13:57:07] <Matt Bocci> Milestones: Significant number passed. According to milestones this is our last meeting :)
[14:02:09] Luay Jalil joins the room
[14:02:19] <Matt Bocci> Jesse - draft-geneve
[14:03:25] Meetecho joins the room
[14:03:28] <Matt Bocci> To be done before LC: congestion control and header checksum
[14:03:43] akatlas joins the room
[14:03:58] <Matt Bocci> Should be based on encap considerations draft and experience
[14:05:10] <Matt Bocci> Congestion control can borrow AS from tsvwg
[14:05:29] <Matt Bocci> SHould be OK for virtualization
[14:06:27] <Matt Bocci> CHecksums are more of an issue, particularly for IPv6
[14:06:34] <Matt Bocci> Presents a few solutions
[14:11:35] <Matt Bocci> Lists a number of implementations covering controller, NICs, endpoints etc
[14:15:01] <Matt Bocci> Benson: I think option actually means TLVs
[14:15:07] <Matt Bocci> Jesse: yes
[14:15:44] <Matt Bocci> (in open source)
[14:15:56] <Matt Bocci> Next up: Lucy
[14:16:00] <Matt Bocci> GUE
[14:16:04] <Matt Bocci> and related drafts
[14:17:02] <Matt Bocci> Presents changes in v01
[14:18:50] <Matt Bocci> A number of extensions covering VNID, security, payload transform, header checksum
[14:18:59] <Matt Bocci> Fragmentation and session ID
[14:20:40] <Matt Bocci> Also lists implementation (Linux 3.17)
[14:22:38] <Matt Bocci> Wants early allocation for GUE registries
[14:23:57] <Matt Bocci> On to allocation requests for GUE header
[14:28:51] <Matt Bocci> Asks for WG adoption for GUE-for-NVO3
[14:29:38] Luay Jalil leaves the room
[14:30:13] <Matt Bocci> A few people indicate that they have read it
[14:30:27] <Matt Bocci> On to header authentication
[14:30:33] <Matt Bocci> / security
[14:34:08] <Matt Bocci> Jesse: drafts seems fairly abstract
[14:36:24] <Matt Bocci> Jump to Hao Chen
[14:36:35] <Matt Bocci> NVO3 OAM Requirements
[14:37:59] <Matt Bocci> Presents changes from last version
[14:38:25] <Matt Bocci> Revised to reflect comments at IETF92
[14:38:34] <Matt Bocci> Specificallly relating to ECMP
[14:38:50] <Matt Bocci> added security considerations
[14:38:58] <Matt Bocci> request WG adoption
[14:41:29] <Matt Bocci> PMTDU over VXLAN
[14:41:35] <Matt Bocci> Reviews the requirements
[14:46:23] <Matt Bocci> Dino: suggest you keep it under 1500 bytes
[14:46:45] <Matt Bocci> David Black: discussion in INT area on this whole space
[14:46:56] <Matt Bocci> Don't see that reflected here
[14:52:15] <Matt Bocci> Pat: VDP extensions response from IEEE
[14:52:48] <Matt Bocci> See liaison
[14:52:58] <Matt Bocci> Project for VDP extensions approved
[14:54:32] <Matt Bocci> Would appreciate help and participation
[14:54:45] Hosnieh Rafiee leaves the room
[15:18:12] akatlas leaves the room
[15:23:23] Meetecho leaves the room
[15:25:44] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[15:26:16] Robert Raszuk leaves the room
[15:45:58] dseomn leaves the room
[15:47:11] Matt Bocci joins the room
[16:15:26] Matt Bocci leaves the room
[16:17:09] Matt Bocci joins the room
[16:32:43] Matt Bocci leaves the room